Old February 16th 04, 07:52 PM
ShawnD2112

I would try Flighsuits.com, as others have suggested. I bought my helmet
through them and, although I had some problems with specification, delivery,
and customer service, I'd think about trying them again. You can also find
a lot of new and used USAF flightsuits at airshows and surplus stores.

Give some thought to the material, too. One of the only things about flying
the Pitts that scares me is the risk of fire, either in flight or on the
ground if something goes wrong. I don't want to survive a crash only to
burn in the wreckage. Low probability, I know, but it's one of my mild
phobias. Cotton burns, but doesn't melt and turn to goo on your skin.
Nomex doesn't burn at all. It won't save your life, probably, but it may
give the rescue team a few more seconds you wouldn't have had otherwise, or
it may save you a year in a burn unit. But that's just my $.02 worth. I
also don't ever plan to crash...

And the pockets are handy as hell (he says after fishing his cellphone out
of the tail of the Pitts, and only knew it was there because someone called
while he was moving the airplane)

Shawn
Pitts G-BKVP

"John Harper" wrote in message
Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a proper flying
suit, the one-piece kind with lots of zipper pockets? My
acro instructor gave me a couple of URLs but neither of
them seems to work (flyingsuit[s].com and
government[something].com - I remembered it when I
tried it!). Would be nice to have something you can sure
will keep the pocket contents in place when doing -ve G
stuff...

Thanks,

John