Old April 20th 14, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Can I log SIC under 135 IFR?

In an interview I had recently, I was told the nearly 300 hours I'd logged as SIC in a C208B for a Scheduled 135 EAS provider was not able to be counted in my logbook for Total Flight Time calculations. I had received a 135.293; 135.297 and 135.299 check ride and have said endorsements on my 8410-3..

Can I or can't I log it?

On Friday, December 8, 2000 1:05:28 PM UTC-6, Jim Macklin wrote:
If the basic rule requires two pilot crews, such as 135 passenger 135,
whether the operator has the single-pilot with autopilot authorization or
not, the particular flight may have two pilots assigned and both can log
time IAW SIC/PIC duties. The installed autopilot can be functional and even
be used.

Both (all) crew members must be qualified for 135 operations and have
current 135 training and letters.

--
Jim Macklin
ATP, CFI-ASMEI, A&P

wrote in message ...
It is my understanding that by regulation, I need to have two pilots
for any aircraft operated under IFR, under part 135, unless the
airplane has an approved autopilot.

Can I log second-in-command time if flying in an aircraft that HAS such
an autopilot under 135, under IFR if I simply don't use it, or
disconnect it? (assuming that the plane does not otherwise require 2
pilots i.e. a C-210 or something like that).

--Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.