Old February 13th 04, 12:37 AM
S Green

"karel adams" wrote in message

"Paul" schreef in bericht
Hi

I am training for my PPL in the UK at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, I

have
passed the 55 hour mark which includes my Qualifying X-Country. Not

long to
go now.... anyway, back to the subject of my posting.
At Liverpool, we do our power checks on the GA Apron and not at the

holding
point, after the power checks we check the ATIS then request taxi.

I have been taught by my instructor(s) to make the call something like

this:

G-ABCD: Liverpool Tower, this is G-ABCD at Kilo with information Alpha

QNH
1234, QFE 1234 request Taxi

even stranger than the rest of your story,
it seems quite needless to read back both QNH and QFE
surely the controller is aware of his (lack of) elevation?

KA (continental PPL student)

I don't know about Liverpool but at Exeter you have to give then the ATIS
information identifier with the QNH on first contact.

I suppose it helps confirm that you have understood the ATIS.