Old June 24th 04, 07:20 PM
Friedrich Ostertag

Hi Jay,

I've only sold two items on Ebay (I've bought a lot, though), so I'm
really surprised (and saddened) to report that I've run into an
avionics buyer who simply won't pay for the item he won.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I also have sold only a handful of items
so far. But I guess there is a reason why so many sellers state in
their auctions that "fun-bidders" will be sued for "handling costs",
normally 25% of auction value. In Germany this is legally possible, as
by bidding you are accepting a binding contract. I'm not sure about the
US, and I don't know whether it's worth the hassle. Wish you better
luck next time.

regards,
Friedrich

--
for personal email please remove "entfernen" from my adress