Old March 5th 04, 02:29 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: More on Powell and the guard
From: "Dudley Henriques"
Date: 3/5/04 6:17 AM Pacific Standard Time

I was 5'11" and couldn't sit straight up in the nose of a B-26 If I did my
flak
helmet would slide down over my eyes. what a pain.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

I don't know about any "history" involved, but the cockpit of the 51, the
P40, and the Jug will easily handle a six footer. Of all the prop fighters I
have flown, the F8F was the tightest.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

I always love to hear from guys who really flew great stuff. How many different
planes did you fly and how many hours did you stack up? It all adds up to
experience. The more the better.