Old December 5th 03, 06:58 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
Ed Rasimus wrote:

On 5 Dec 2003 07:42:43 -0800, (robert arndt) wrote:

...when the M61 doesn't jam, that is.

Never experienced a single M61 variant jamming. Never saw on jam in
any flight that I was on. Never heard anyone talk about one jamming
in any squadron I was in. Doesn't sound, based on a limited empirical
sampling like a problem.

Well, Ed, you have to remember you're talking to Arndt. As fas as he's
concerned, everything important ever invented for aviation was invented
in Germany, all German-made machinery is the best in the world at
everything, and all American equipment is simply terrible and unreliable.

Which is why he's touting a weapon with less than one-third the firing
rate, and claiming that it's immune to mechanical problems...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.