Old January 7th 04, 04:05 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:43:05 GMT, Jerry Springer
wrote in Message-Id:
.net:

It is an old WWll blimp hangar and is the largest wooden structure
in the world. There used to be two hangars but about 10
years ago one of them burned down while being used to store hay.

I agree; I find these old blimp hangars are interesting, but those
below purport to be the largest:

http://www.ghostbase.org/tustin/hangars.htm
" The Blimp Hangars as MCAS Tustin are the largest free standing
wooden structures in the Western World, standing over 400 yards
long, and over 18 stories high. Constructed from wood that was
sent pre-cut from Northwestern saw mills, these hangars consist of
the center wooden arch and the two door structures on each end.
Build to house anti-submarine Blimps during World War II, these
structures now serve as the hangars for helicopters of Marine Air
Group 16. These hangars were built in 1942, and are scheduled to
be decommissioned in 1997."

Here's another pictu
http://airshowsuperstore.com/hangars.shtml