Old January 2nd 13, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Connecting my 2 Batteries to 1 Solar Panel

On 1/1/2013 6:26 PM, RAS56 wrote:
I took the easy way out and ordered one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

40 bucks.

It has worked great with my 10 watt panel, is programmable and tells
me the charge status of each battery.

This kind of controller would be a good choice for the OP, where both
batteries are in the glider. I used separate controllers for my
application, one in the glider for the glider battery, and the other at
the front of the trailer, where my auxiliary battery is kept. That keeps
the controllers in the temperature zone as the battery, and keeps the
wires to battery much shorter.

The auxiliary battery used with a DC/DC charger to charge the glider
battery when the glider is tied down away from the trailer.

email me)