Old January 2nd 13, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Connecting my 2 Batteries to 1 Solar Panel

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:28:54 AM UTC-8, Dan G wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

Now-if I connect these two batteries in oarallel- do I still need the two separate systems or I can charge them as one 8 x 2=16 AH battery ?

Dan G

On Monday, December 31, 2012 9:49:58 PM UTC-5, Dan G wrote:

I would like to connect my 2 8AH batteries to one Solar panel for charging while the glider is in its trailer. I will use a controller and I have 2 separate sockets in the glider-one per battery. I thought to simply split the wires coming out of the controller to the two batteries/sockets but I came across this: http://www.morningstarcorp.com/en/su...ller.01.EN.pdf, Any suggestions? Dan G

Dan,

The circuit you presented already is a parallel circuit in regards the batteries. Looking at it, I'm assuming the diodes are there to prevent damage to the batteries & the controller if one of them is hooked up reverse. In that case, I'd use two diodes.

Regards,

Chris C.