Old August 19th 05, 05:20 PM
Chris

wrote in message
Dave S wrote:
: The applicable part of the virginia statute states:
: 14. Used for a purpose other than in operating or propelling highway
: vehicles, watercraft or aircraft;.

: Sounds like you have been getting an unexpected bonus from the state of
: virginia for quite a while. Hope they dont decide to come get their
: money back.

: Now.. TEXAS offers a full refund on state fuel taxes used in aircraft.

It's actually more complicated than that as I've read into it. The
statute is
written to enumerate the conditions under which the taxes can be fully
refunded. The
reason the statutes state it that way is that for all three types, there
are
situations where taxes *should* be paid. In the case of watercraft,
commercial
operators should receive a refund less a little bit. For aircraft,
aviation fuel has
a $0.05/gal tax... so motor fuel used for aviation should have to pay
that.

Anyway, I'm not quite done yet. It's really a matter of interpretation.

Yeh, but they have your money and you don't!