Old December 8th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default How fast does the skin of the airplane cool to surrounding temperatures?

Just remember the snow on the wing does not blow off during
take-off. Moderate snow is snow with the visibility reduced
to not less than 1/2 mile, which is low IFR.

"Peter R." wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
|
| Thanks, Jim.
|
| Even better, don't take-off in the blizzard, wait for
the
| snow to stop and the taxi and runways to be plowed.
|
| Only when accompanied by winds of about 25mph or stronger
would I consider
| lake effect snowfall a blizzard-like condition. There are
many of these
| events where the winds are not so strong as to blow snow
across the runways
| and taxiways at a rate where the plows at these two
commercial airports (my