Old December 18th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Girls and flying -- an interesting experience with the Kiwi

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

"The Old Bloke" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's not playing games that puts girls off ... it's the type of game.
Girls as a group don't like violent games, first-person shooters, and
games with all sorts of high-speed movement. They are just as
intrigued as anyone by intellectual games, games that involve people,
and so on.

While I believe this is true, video game makers have spent years and
billions trying to figure out why girls make up something less than

10%
of the total video game market. Interestingly, this figure is pretty
close to the percentage of *real* pilots.

There's either a social stigma for girls, or they are just wired
differently -- but I'm glad the Kiwi seems to have crossed that line,
at least with early teenaged girls.

It would be interesting to gather this same group of girls in five
years, just to watch the dynamics as they fly the Kiwi Version 5.0,

and
see if their enthusiasm have changed with age.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Well many of my male friends like to have a go at FS, but I'm yet to

find
any female friend that is interested in FS. Most tell me it is "too
boring". But most of these females will always have a go a car racing!

And
love crashing!

They sound like an entertaining group. But there's no way I'd with them!

Peter

There's nothing quite like ruining a quick remark....

That was supposed to read: "There's no way I'd ride with them!"

Peter