Old July 9th 03, 07:45 PM
Peter Duniho

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Like airliners which still have relative unfettered access to the area.

Exactly. Two years later, I still haven't gotten over the absurdity of
restricting the airplanes that had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks,
while the airplanes that are the most dangerous were back up and flying
almost immediately. It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

The nearest ADIZ-free airports are at least an hour and a half from DC

even
without traffic.

Well, I wasn't portraying DC's traffic with the intent to justify DC area
residents driving to peripheral, unrestricted airports. Hopefully no one
took it that way. Even if people ARE used to driving 60 to 90 minutes just
to get anywhere, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to send them that far so
they can avoid the unreasonable restrictions that exist there in DC.

Pete