Old August 21st 03, 02:35 AM
Jazzy_Pilot

Jeff,

Thanks for the Congrats!

Yes, I did accomplish a portion of the check ride in the Sim. I flew both an
ILS and a Localizer Approach in the Flight Sim and I flew the Kingman
VOR/DME Rwy 21 Approach in the airplane.

I hadn't heard of anyone getting in trouble for having people perform the
ILS on the Sim. Perhaps someone else can repsond to the issue of flying the
ILS Approach in the Sim, but referring to the Instrument Rating PTS Study
Guide:

"The applicant must demonstrate al of the instrument approach procedures
required by 14 CFR Part 61. AT least one instrument approach procedure must
be demonstrated in an airplane, helicopter, or powered lift as appropriate.
At least one precision and one nonprecision approach not selected for actual
flight demonstration may be performed in flight simulators or flight
training devices that meet the requirements of Appendix 1 of this Practical
Test Standard."

Good Luck on your Commercial Checkride!

Regards,
Jazzy Pilot

"jeff" wrote in message
congrats jazzy
I will be taking my commericial with Sheble's here in Las Vegas next
month. I also just passed my instrument check ride yesterday but it
took me 8 months to complete, mainly because I didnt sit down and get
the written out of the way. But I got alot of good training out of the
time, we did approaches into the LA basin when they had low ceilings,
kingman, cedar city UT, St. George UT, bullhead, and several other
places.

Hey got a question, did you do part of your checkride on the sim? I
heard that the examiner over at kingman name trout recently got in
some trouble for having people do the ILS on a sim for their check
ride.