Old October 8th 05, 12:57 AM
Michelle P

For a 235 Hp Maule (M-7-235B 80 gallons on board) you can figure 12
Gal/Tach hour or 15 Gal/flight hour. This gives me 7 tach hours or 5
flight hours till dry tanks. I have run the aircraft for 6 hours strait
without stopping with a favorable tail wind. I lean to about 12.6 to
13.0 depending on the CHTs.
Michelle

Maule Driver wrote:

I guess it would.

FWIW, In my 180HP fixed pitch MX7180a I flight plan 10gph
(conservative, I can do anything with that assumption). I get 9 GPH
with 1 hour or greater leg and 1 TO and 1 Landing. I can get 8.1 by
aggressive leaning, flying over 7000feet on a 4 hour+ leg. All assume
2500rpm.

I guess with the CAP setup, a chief pilot will have to put together a
performance sheet for use by the group. Of course the liability for
the figures would lie with .....

Robert M. Gary wrote:

I guess as a Maule driver you haven't missed it but as a CAP pilot who
seems the Maule as one of a number of planes on the ramp, it would be
good to know how speed/fuel burn to expect when you hop in.

-Robert