Old September 7th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Sr20goer

Default Flight Data Recorders

"GB" wrote in message
Michael Henry wrote in news:00d3a924$0
:

SNIP

It's not all that archaic. Aviation trails the bleeding edge by a
very long margin, and with good reason. The bleeding edge usually
draws blood at some point! I was initially surprised to learn, in
circa 1999, that the B767 didn't use GPS for navigation. I
subsequently learned that they don't need it... GPS isn't really
up to scratch. (I'm not gonna explain that here, that's fodder
for another post!)

GB

GB
You referring to INS?
But they do now use GPS for 'local' navigation (SID, STAR, flextrack etc).
Brian