Old June 14th 21, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Winch demonstration/training at home gliderport

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:00:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
One may find that the real estate acquisition for a 4,000' + runway to get a decent winch launch height is more expensive than a Pawnee.

Two things: We already own the property, and you don't need a 4000' runway, just 4000' clear for the cable (as long as you only care about launching one way - to the North, in our case). If we wanted 4000' to the south, we would have to extend our runway to the North, enough to move and launch gliders; no impossible but not free.

Kirk