Old August 24th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On 8/23/2010 5:38 PM, Tony V wrote:

What I would like is an effective way to measure battery capacity -
that doesn't cost more than the charger.

I like the CBA for discharge tests (westmountainradio.com), but it's
$150 price may be too high if you don't want to be a battery geek. The
Triton2 that SoaringXcellence suggested would do a good job, and it's
only $100 from Tower Hobbies. The Multiplex LN5014 is $75 from Tower,
good if the 0.4 amp discharge rate is OK for you.

The CBA is discharge testing only, but the other two will also
charge/discharge four types of batteries. They are powered from from a
12 volt source, like a battery or an AC input, 12 volt DC output supply.
There may be cheaper discharge testing units, but I don't know of any.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz