Old August 24th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:04:39 -0700, Eric Greenwell wrote:

The Multiplex will discharge up to 1 amp, but it also has a 5 watt
discharge limit. At 12 volts, that means a current of 0.4 amps. I can
set it for a 1 amp discharge, but it won't exceed that 5 watt limit,
automatically using only a 0.4 amp discharge.

Reversing myself - I think the Pro-Peak is functionally identical and
probably the same OEM kit as the Multiplex. I just started a discharge of
a 12v SLA at 1v. When I started the run it immediately dropped the rate
to 0.39A and now, 22mAh later its running at 0.4A and 12.6V.

Just to see if we're talking about the same machine, mine is:
- a rectangluar metal box 110 x 76 x 25 mm
- ventilating slots on the left front edge and the right rear edge,
front of the left edge and rear of the right edge
- power inlet cable through a grommet on the left side
- outlet is two banana plugs on the right side
- two line yellow backlit LCD display center rear of the top surface
- four push buttons center front of the top surface labelled
Batt type, dec, inc, enter/start/stop

It would be great if the Pro-Peak can discharge 12 volt batteries at one
amp. Can you check your manual for the watt limit?

Blasted manual doesn't mention a 5 watt limit or anything about limiting
the discharge rate it 5 watts.

They don't seem to offer it any more, and I can't find a manual for it,
so maybe it's moot. They do offer the Imax B5, which is functionally
identical to the Multiplex, so it's not any help.

I'd have said the Pro-Peak Gallant is the replacement to to Prodigy II
and that the IMAX B5 is the same OEM guts in a different case.

If I was after a new charger or an small upgrade for the Prodigy II, I'd
probably be following SoaringXcellence's advice and going for the
Triton2. I see that Tower Hobbies and Amazon are both selling it for
$99.98 or thereabouts.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK