Old August 24th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Glider Batteries and Chargers

On Aug 24, 9:03*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
VSLA? A123? Cycling chargers?? *I think this subject should have it's
own thread. *Unlike transponders, we almost all need them.

I went to the local Interstate Battery store. Picked up a 12V Sealed
Lead Acid battery, 7 amp hour I think but maybe 10. Either way plenty
of juice to run my Microair radio and Cambridge FR. I also bought a
charger from them with a float mode. Usually I plug it in before I go
to bed the night before a flight and take it off in the morning and
its charged up real good.