Old August 28th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Getting rid of the bugs and gotchas!

On 8/28/2010 7:06 AM, akiley wrote:
It's a GlobalSat BR-355 which I think is referred to as a mouse style
GPS that plus into the bottom of my iPaq 3700. If it was always
loosing a signal I would suspect that, but I don't have a really
concrete set of errors that point to any one thing. Intermittent and
varied issues I would describe it as. These have included the iPaq
suddenly wanting to reformat my CF card, intermittant NavBox problems,
usually showing data not available. Log file not stopping after
landing, log file not starting at all. Daily reboots usually required
when SeeYouM does not load. Some of these problems could have been
the CF card sleeve which I replaced a few weeks back because I seems
to be getting good uninterrupted IGC files now. Today, I'm borrowing
a friends iPaq, trouble it I have to order an adapter cord so my mouse
GPS can plug into it. I think iPaq changed the plug in the bottom at
some point. ... akiley

I suspect an Ipaq with a built-in slot would be inherently more
reliable. The two I've used - 3830 and 2210 - had slots, and both worked
without problems. Let us know how the new iPaq works out.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)