Old September 8th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASK-14 7W

Default New ASK-14 website

Hello Everyone,

I'm happy to help announce the new ASK-14 website is now on-line.
Created by Klaus Peter Gies in Germany and I've helped provide an
English version.

Check out... www.ASK14.org

If you are unfamiliar with the ASK-14, It is Alexander Schleicher
Factory built wooded motorglider. The Rudolf Kaiser design was based
on the Ka6E with similar wing and aft fuselage. The forward fuselage
is a combination of wood and fiberglass, a semi-retractable gear,
Hirth F-10 aircraft engine, feathering Hoffmann propeller, low wing
configuration and big canopy. The performance with the engine is
around 500 fpm climb and a 28:1 glider ratio in the soaring
configuration.

In the USA 10 of the 66 built were imported. One is now in Canada, two
were crashed, and about 5 are currently flying.

Before I bought my ASK-14, I spoke to different owners and soon
realized that everyone loved their sailplane. Well after 7 years of
flying mine, I can say the same, it is so much fun.

I attend the June 2010 ASK-14 Meet in Nastaetten Germany and had a
fantastic time. Fortunately, we had some of the best soaring
conditions of the German summer and the countryside was so beautiful.
The Germans have the glider club program figured out an the folks at
Aero Club Nastaetten were so friendly (and the Bier!). I invite you to
check out all the pictures on the website.

Enough rambling, thanks

Bill Batesole 7W