Old September 9th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Caution - Arizona Airspace and Borders

On 9/9/2010 9:02 AM, Mike the Strike wrote:
One major message, though, is to take the warnings on the files
seriously - do NOT use them for navigation purposes! That's what
charts are for.

How do you compare an IGC file to a paper chart? Can the pilot state "I
was legal according to my paper chart" and get away with it? I thought
the standard for contests was the pilot flew according to the turnpoint
and airspace files the contest provided, so pilots, scoring program, and
the contest managers were all using the same data.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)