Old September 20th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Progress

On Sep 19, 7:13*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 9/18/2010 7:23 PM, Tony wrote:

On Sep 18, 5:49 pm, *wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. I still think the MNAV vario was very nice and I
never felt quite as good about the 302.

Andy

i've got a mechanical Winter in the Cherokee and I'm kind of afraid to
replace it. After 5 years together I really know how to read that
vario and use it to center lift fairly quickly I think. *I am tuned to
the glider and the vario. The three of us are a system.

You'll get used to a new one in a few flights, and you don't have get
rid of the Winter. Lots of pilots like mechanical as a backup. You
should get a vario with an audio, though!

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarmhttp://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz

I know i need to get audio Eric. I'm still holding out that I'll win
the Clear Nav raffle at New Castle...But yea I should work on freeing
up enough panel space for another vario.