Old March 28th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On Monday, August 9, 2010 at 12:37:52 PM UTC-4, Grider Pirate wrote:
There was quite a thread storm 11 months ago here about the TT21
transponder. I assume some of the 'early adopters' here purchased and
installed one. Any complaints??

I have a HUGE complaint. When I bought my TT21 it was advertised as "ADS-B out ready", met the TSO's, etc. I paid aroundd $2500 for it.

I have been researching adding the GPS WAAS stuff (also Trig - TN70, I believe) to now find out the TT21 does not meet the US standards.

The 2017 (and previous) Spruce catalog says the TT21 is for sport aircraft, meets the standards, etc. Now in the 2018 catalog they added in bold print "DOES NOT MEET USA STANDARDS."

They tell me that the TT21 can be upgraded to TT22 by MidAmerica Avionics- for an ADDITIONAL $900.

I'll never buy a Trig product again.