Old May 13th 05, 09:57 PM
george

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
"Bob Chilcoat" wrote:

Unidentified Ford Fiesta Penetrates Washington City Center, Causes
Government Shutdown [...]

Funny. Unfortunately, we must at least admit that there is some risk
to ground-dwellers from even small aircraft carrying particularly
nasty cargo. We can't simply point at alternate means of delivery

for
said cargo, and say "see? why worry about us?" - that just doesn't
address the risk that does come from our aircraft. It merely helps
put it into context. That's valuable, but isn't exactly an alibi.

I think that he adequatly pointed out the complete and utter stupidity
that now passes for security in the US.
If a C152 (85 kts) can get that close WTF are they going to do if the
a/c is capable of 500 kts?
And let's -really- get paranoid
Are they going to stop and search every truck and van that passes
within the 'danger area'.
After all a 'nuke' will take out a radius from the point of
detonation..,