Old March 22nd 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
WJRFlyBoy

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:46:00 -0000, Jim Logajan wrote:

I don't think it is wise to applaud or encourage the FAA in the changes
they appear to be suggesting (and I believe will be formally accepting
public comment on soon). If the FAA can't be bothered to invest resources
to build cases against violators who lie about who built their aircraft
_now_, in what meaningful way are their proposed changes going to stop
them later?

None which leads to why is the real motivation to do this? I would cast
a sharp eye at the politics (Cessna, etc) who see market share eroding
as they bring out their own overpriced lights.