Old January 3rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying without FAA medical or insurance

I don't think the FAA has the authority to send anyone to jail - has
anybody
ever heard of being arrested by the FAA?

("David Lesher" wrote)
There are FAA Special Agents. Find the story of Gregory Travis's
hijacking...

http://www.prime-mover.org/Personal/travis.txt
Fantastic read! ...and funny.

His 1991 rec.aviation story starts below the news piece:

"Ok, so you get the general idea. Here's an eyewitness account:"

[Random snips]

"My plane was in its hangar. The closest source of water was a few hangar
rows away. I took my tools (bucket, mops, etc) over to rinse them out. In a
few minutes a young man appeared (out of nowhere) with a shotgun and
announced that I was his hostage."

"Turns out he was looking for authority figures to blow away. He told me he
had tried to kill his boss that night, but couldn't find him."

"During my preflight of the airplane I reach in and set a certain box. I am
almost nailed but lie and say I was reaching for a chart (which was next to
the box, thank god.)"

"I actually remember thinking how nice it was to fly at night without
worrying about the engine because I am so scared of getting my head blown
off. My passenger is getting very nervous due to the rain."

Montblack