Old July 26th 19, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Supplemental oxygen

jfitch wrote on 7/25/2019 8:31 PM:
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 8:59:56 PM UTC-7, wrote:

If I have to turn on the oxygen at 5K, I'm going to have to do it in the truck on the way up the hill to the airport. And keep it on the whole time I'm there. Airport is 6K and our takeoff is typically at 9000 ft density and can be 10K. 5K may make sense if you are a retiree living at 20 ft in Florida, but it lacks both practicality and necessity for everyone in every situation.

Don't worry about the density altitude, as your lungs respond to actual pressure,
unlike a carburetor.