Old October 31st 03, 04:34 PM
Peter R.

Mick Ruthven ) wrote:

My opinion is that an autopilot is one of the most important items of safety
equipment for single-pilot IFR. It frees a lot of brain cells for important
tasks like situational awareness and, in VMC, looking for traffic. My CFII
fully agreed with that and recommended liberal use of the autopilot for
single-pilot IFR.

I am learning that any piece of equipment that increases the safety of my
flight ought to be used to its fullest potential.

And before the flames start, I'm fully aware of the need to be proficient
in flying IFR without the A/P.

Me, too. Once again, the key here is to avoid the warm and seducing arms
of complacency.

--
Peter