Old October 31st 03, 07:58 PM
David Megginson

Roger Halstead writes:

Turn your head to the right and look down at charts and you will
have a tendency to do the same with the airplane. With "George"
doing the flying that doesn't happen. OTOH never forget to keep up
the scan...Although rare, George can make mistakes too and sometimes
some rather rapid ones.

As I mentioned, I'd love to install a wing leveller some day when I
have money available, so I'm not anti-autopilot. That said, this
particular problem is an easy one to avoid -- if you're messing with a
chart or plates or anything else, let go of the yoke. Touching it
cannot possibly do any good when you're not actually looking at the
attitude instruments.

All the best,

David