Old May 12th 04, 08:13 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Lee Elson" wrote in message
om...

I'm looking for good techniques for teaching student pilots how to
handle the final phase of landing. In particular how to get students

Fly down the length of the runway 1 foot off the ground with you at the
controls and with the student simply observing.

Then have the student do the same thing with the student at the controls.

A helpful aid to this is to cover up the airspeed indicator; I find this is
very helpful in teaching landings because many pilots fixate on airspeed
rather than attitude in the flare. Once the AI is covered up, the student
has no choice but to focus on airplane attitude and not be distracted by the
gauges and that often makes all the difference.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com