Old May 1st 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Olc flight posting from ipad

On May 1, 7:43*am, Robert Fidler wrote:
Someone has to figure out how to get a flight log from a logger into
an iPad and then how to post the flight on olc.

The Apple iPad Camera Adapter Kit with an SD and USB interface will
only handle some types of image and video files. It's a pretty garden
(it really is an nice device) but it has a tall wall around it...

There is supposed to be an SD card reader coming from ZoomIt that
claims to be able to read different files, http://www.zoomitonline.com/
Even then there there may be application data sharing issues. We'll
have to see. I'm kind of surprised this one gets past the Apple garden
wall.

There are third parties like Redpark (http://redpark.com) making
serial interface hardware that should make it easier to allow
developers to integrate RS-232 in their application, that opens the
door more to applications that will talk to loggers etc. over RS-232.

Darryl