Old July 6th 05, 08:49 PM
Don Hammer

Reading the Regs 61 aeronautical experience for both ratings carefully
you can figure it out yourself. Under Private pilot airplane,
whenever it does not say time in sgl engine airplane, it can be done in
a glider. BTW that goes for the comm too.

All this applies tor the US regulations

All those long flights I did in a glider using my eyes and a map
didn't count as a cross country for a power private because I didn't
land when I got there. It didn't matter that I went 300 miles and
returned, no landing, no cross country. I can fly a Piper with two
Garmin 430's and land more than 50 miles away and it counts.

Some how the regs don't seem fair at times.

By the way, the last two round-the-world flights don't count as cross
countries either so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.