Old March 8th 04, 02:04 PM

Jeff wrote:

it wasn't a popup, I had it on file thru FSS. ABQ before the hand off asked me
if I wanted it then or if I wanted it from phoenix, I told him I was ok at that
time and that I would get it from phoenix for my decent into williams gateway.
Boy thats a mistake I wont make again.

You've answered your own question, sort of. On a composite flight plan the system
is designed for you to go to the IFR portion with center or FSS. Approach control
can take a pop-up easier than trying to activate a composite IFR flight plan.

I think you're being way too hard on the controller in view of your attempt to push
the system. Had you been on an en route IFR clearance with ABQ Center you would not
have placed yourself into never-never land.