Old September 25th 03, 07:02 PM
Sla#s

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message
"Mike Th..." wrote in
news:nBwcb.6368$O85.5788@pd7tw1no:

Does anyone know the benefits of either a CECO fuel control versus a
Bendix fuel control on the Rolls Royce 250 Series? Aside from the fact
that one works off of air pressure and the other off of fuel pressure
is one better than another?

IIRC after all these years, the CECO allows some modulation during the
start. The Bendix is either on or off. ISTR that we eventually did away
with all our CECO's and went all Bendix, for some reason unknown to the
pilots. Most likely an A&P will jump in with the real story.

Simple - CECO costs more.
BTW Bendix now make a FADEC system for the 250 as well.
See:
http://www.aviationtoday.com/reports.../0101bower.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/onvu

Slatts