Old July 30th 03, 12:41 AM
nuke

I don't know about the drunken part, but there is a designated area where
the motorhome crowd can run their APUs all night to keep themselves cool &
the satellite TV going, without asphyxiating us lowly tent campers. Not all
"motorhomers" [dangerous to call them RVers on this ng ] park in their
area in my experience, but most people are there to have a good time - not
to irritate others, & are usually cooperative. I've never had a real
problem with neighbours in the either the aircraft camping area or Camp
Scholler & I've been going since the late 70s.

Shower rooms can be a bit of a hike from some parts of the campground.
There are portable toilets here and there as well. Here's a link to a map
of the campground
http://www.airventure.org/2003/about...oller_map.html

Don't worry - be happy. Just show up, pitch your tent & have some fun.
nuke
"Bill" wrote in message
m...
Do they have a separate area for us lowly tent campers at Oshkosh?
I'm a minimalist and am worried about getting run over by a bunch of
drunken RV'ers. Also, how far will it be to facilities? Will I need to
bring a bucket or what?