Old September 9th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default 74 Archer ignition switch question

My ignition switch occasionally locks up (with the key inserted) in the off
position when I try to start the engine. At first I thought it might be a
worn key and pulled out my spare figuring it would fix the problem. No such
luck. I have to fiddle with it to get it unstuck. The first time it
happened I sprayed a bit of silicone lubricant into the slot and eventually
it came unstuck, but it has happened several times since then. I think it
is time to replace the switch.

The parts manual indicates 10-357210-1 for my serial number PA-28-180, but
that part has a push function in the start position (for priming?) that my
aircraft doesn't have. The other choice in the manual is 10-357200-1 that,
from the description, sounds like my switch.

Has anyone similarly found that their PA-28-180 uses the non-push ignition
switch instead of the push type called out in the manual? I'm guessing the
'push to prime' feature is for IO engines instead of O type that is stock on
Archers.
--
Best Regards,
Mike