Old September 5th 04, 12:31 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Teranews \(Daily\) wrote:
Is anyone familiar with Airshares Elite? They sell 1/8 shares of a Cirrus
SR22.

They really bury the pricing, but I found the PDF for Boston:

You pay for 1/8th of their marked up price of $520,000 (the base price
of a new SR22-G2 is $335,000). That entitles you to pay the $710/mo fee
and 75hrs/year @ $75/hr. If you fly all 75 hours that works out to be
$188/hr.

After four years, assume you elect to sell it. There's no comparable used
SR22 (in theory the airshares plane might have 2000 hours on it and a run-
out engine). Let's say it sells for $250,000 and you get 1/8th of that
back. Then your net hourly cost (assuming you flew all the possible hours)
is $300/hr. I can't even tell if that's wet or dry.

The closest comparison I could find was Skyventures, in New York, which
rents SR20's for $210/hr + tax. Air Orlando has a SR-22 G2 for $219/hr,
or $197/hr in 30 hour blocks.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/