Old May 6th 04, 09:15 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 19:57:24 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

250 degrees is only the _starting_ point.

Last pass is at 350 degrees!

If the first layer has been coated with Poly Brush, the heat from the
iron will quickly soften the coating. PB starts melting at 200 degrees.

By the time the iron is up to full temp, it would be hard not to melt
into the previous PB layer - possibly causing fabric pulls and gouges.

Maybe the outter thin fabric doesn't have to be tightened that much?

As long as the first layer is strong enough, the second might only need
to be snug enough to pull out the wrinkles. Call it non-structural?
Second pass at 250 on light fabric _might_ do it?

Bottom line, Corky, I don't really know much, I've never tried it.
It seems like there may be some potential pitfalls in the doing part,
but it sure did look pretty on that Pacer.

Right, 350 is the final pass for the first layer. But the way this
was explained to me, you definately do not want to go to 350 on this
outer layer.

I don't know whether you iron the pinked tapes or not, but if you do,
do you go to the full 350 degrees? I thought not but I haven't
actually covered a wing myself, I've just helped out here and there.

Corky Scott