Old August 23rd 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Keep TSA away from aircraft

"Morgans" wrote in message
"Our inspector was following routine procedure for securing the
aircraft that were on the tarmac," TSA official Elio Montenegro told
ABC.

Yep, just doing his job as a member of the Department of Aviation
Prevention.

The fact that the airplanes were damaged, through abuse that about anyone
with a mechanical knowledge past the repairing of bicycles is bad enough.

What really burns my ass is that someone higher up, that should know
better, actually tried to defend the actions by saying that they did find
unsecured planes.

Is it time for a letter writing campain to our elected officials,
demanding removal of the idiot that defended the actions?

How did you come to the determination that the official was defending the
actions?

In fact, the official described what happened and admitted the inspector's
actions damaged the aircraft. Two days later the airline and TSA issued a
joint statement saying they share the same goals which seems to indicate the
airline was satisfied with the response from TSA which probably means TSA is
in the process of taking actions to prevent a future occurrence and they are
communicating that response to the airline.