Old June 1st 04, 03:03 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "Mike Noel"
wrote:

The fellow who did my annual asked me to order a jack screw because he
can
see a little wiggle between the screw and the cable drum. He wasn't sure
which part was worn, but suggested we start by replacing the screw and
then
also replace the drum if the problem persists.

I would like to survey the experiece of the group before ordering the
jack
screw. Is the screw more likely to wear than the cable drum, or do they
both tend to add equally to a loose fit?

the screw is steel. The bushing is a softer metal. Guess which
one is worn.

--
Bob Noel