Old June 1st 04, 12:10 PM
Jay Masino

Mike Noel wrote:
I would like to survey the experiece of the group before ordering the jack
screw. Is the screw more likely to wear than the cable drum, or do they
both tend to add equally to a loose fit?

I just did mine at the last annual. Mine had been wiggling for a while,
and my mechanic felt it had gotten too severe. I can't honestly remember
which parts had the most wear. I think everything had some. We basically
replaced everything, because my mechanic happened to have everthing in
stock. We even had to replace one of the steel plates that the bushing is
pressed into. It's a good feeling to know everything's perfect, now.

--- Jay (67 Cherokee)

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___