Old April 28th 04, 11:05 PM
Eric Greenwell

Bill Daniels wrote:

I Googled r.a.s and found posts about water beds, truck inner tubes and
collapsible plastic cubes from Wal-Mart. The plastic cubes will transport
50 gallons and fit inside my Jeep Grand Cherokee but nothing else will fit
and I don't want to unload the Jeep just for this chore. Full 10 gallon
water containers weigh more than 90 pounds and I don't like lifting that
much to pour it into the wing. I don't like water beds and inner tubes
either.

So, bright r.a.s people, how do you neatly and easily transport ballast
water to the glider if the gliderport doesn't have a tanker or water hoses
on the ramp? Once you get it there, how do you get it into the glider?

I've seen a couple glider trailers outfitted with tanks: some on top for
gravity fill; some underneath, for electric pump fill.

If the water is at the gliderport, but just not the ramp, buy a small
garden trailer (yard sale or Home depot) and put a tank on it. Rent it
to your fellow glider pilots, or loan it to them if they bring you water
when you ask for it.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA