Old October 15th 04, 06:39 AM
hannu

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
news:OaAbd.258002$3l3.231270@attbi_s03...

For example:

1. Keep the dead wood cleared by requiring that every officer and board
member will have flown every glider as in the club fleet solo within the
preceding 12 months. Failure to do so will be considered a letter of
resignation. (This, at least, proves they CAN fly. It also requires that
an instructor certify them competent in the club fleet.)

Whether the officials have or not current flying qualification doesn't
necessarily correlate the way the club is operated.

Our president has flown alone in sixties after which he had to end because
of health reasons and our secretary haven't ever had a license, as a matter
of fact he just happened to come and see a competition we had and after
seeing him there for three days a row our president just asked if he might
as well participate in the competition organisation.

Neither has ever been any hinder to anybodys flying, were it cross-country
or not. As a matter of fact, I normally call him before going cross-country
and ask, if he can come to rescue me in case of outlanding

So, I'd oppose this rule as an absolute rule. I also know about some clubs
headed by "current" pilots that basically look after their own flying and
even erstrict others to have the club ship available and not broken...

As a summary: it depends

hannu