Old October 18th 04, 10:40 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
Janos Bauer wrote:
Mark James Boyd wrote:

There was another option closer, but I didn't see a benefit
for me at the time of the higher cost, lower availability,
closer location, nicer aircraft.

I learned that low cost often means: no parachute, no fuel for tow
plane or winch, no instrument, no trailer, no tow vehicle, no spare
parts etc-etc. When I suggested to increase the membership fees
suddenly became an enemy of the members...

Absolutely correct. Higher cost = more stuff. It sounds like your club
is at the low cost/minimal features price point.

I also visit a commercial operator and it's good to get what you pay
for. Of course they can't provide the same feeling of a self serving
club, but could be a good extension. All sailplanes equipped with good
instruments, new parachute, logger. You can fly high performance
gliders, even Discus2!

Yes, this is true here as well. And just like going to the Spa instead
of bathing in my own tub, I occasionally pay a bit more and
enjoy the luxuries.

/Janos

--

Mark J. Boyd