Old December 13th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default AOPA flight planner chuckle

vincent p. norris wrote:
My flying club is undergoing a fleet restructure, replacing Warriors
with Skyhawks.

Mind telling me why, here or by email?

Fleet renewal and market conditions. Our fleet of 4 Warriors was
getting close to or over 20 years old and 10,000 TTAF. We wanted to fly
newer planes that would need less maintanence (a cost and availability
statement), so we decided we wanted to buy planes that are about 5
years old with about 2000 hours on them, with their first engine
overhaul behind them. There aren't very many Warriors or Archers for
sale in that vintage and condition, but there are a lot of Skyhawks,
making for better choice and prices.

Definitely nothing wrong with Warriors per se. We all liked them,
including me. Great planes, as are Skyhawks. It's just that Piper
wasn't making very many of them in the model years that we wanted to
buy. It's nice to fly newer planes where everything works, and as far
as I can see from the schedule and membership increases since the
Skyhawks arrived, they've been a hit.