Old June 2nd 04, 09:04 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:10:07 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message

I don't have any first hand info, but my notes indicate the
following for the (4) B-1A's.

74-160 - on display at Wings Over The Rockies Museum, Denver

It would be nice to confirm the data on 158 and 159, especially
since Lowry AFB has subsequently been closed down.

Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum is housed in a former Lowry AFB
hangar.

WOtR is in the old Hangar 1 and is still operating. It's a worthwhile
trip for anyone passing through Denver with an interest in USAF
airplanes. There's a B-52 display outside. Inside, the B-1A is in
great shape as well as an F-111. Lots of Century Series stuff--some
good, some not so good. An excellent F-4E that looks ready to fly. The
F-105 is clean, but not very complete--cockpit has been pillaged, no
seat, tapes, stick grip, etc. Painted in Air Defense gloss gray it
doesn't look good at all.

One of the more interesting ones on display is a "parasite" F-84 that
has the trapeze hook from the B-36 evaluations.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press