Old July 10th 03, 02:37 AM
Peter Dohm

Barnyard BOb -- wrote:

In many respects, the 'coup was waaay ahead of it's time.
--
Jim in NC

P.S. It is really all to easy to push your buttons. g

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The corrected phrase should read....
"It is really all_TOO_easy to push your buttons". ;o)

FWI_REALLY_W....
Most times, my responses are nothing more than an
act staged for pure entertainment. Other times not.

In the case of the 'Coupe....
I do grow weary of ignorant ****s gang banging a fine airplane
they know nothing about, but feel they must malign it because it
gives them stature and popularity in their idiot circle of cronies.
This is hardly a minor issue when it becomes so commonplace
that it hurts the value and reputation of the aircraft and those that
would otherwise look up to it rather than down on it with mindless
contempt. Suffering such fools endlessly online and in real life at
times is a definite challenge.

The only sin that the Ercoupe has commited is.... it's different.

A pox upon all those that claim to love aviation, but would 'tar and
feather' the reputation of a perfectly competent little aircraft in a
heartbeat by rumor, falsehood and half truths with no more concern
than stepping on an ant.

YMMV.

Barnyard BOb -- ardent defender of the Ercoupe

The Ercoupe has one worse sin from my point of view -- the cabin in small!
At 6'1" I could ride in one, but really don't see why I should do so.
If it was 4" wider and 4" higher inside, it would be as comfortable as a
Tomahawk. ;-)

Peter