Old October 22nd 03, 02:07 PM
Model Flyer

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:47:32 GMT, David Hill
wrote:

the Indian). The other story is that he got tired of the chain

breaking.

Hey, cool. But forget those period motorcycle engines. Use a nice
reliable aircraft engine, like a Szekely. :-)

(For those who don't get it: The Szekely 3-cylinder radial has an

AD note
calling for a cable running around the outside of the cylinders.

prevent the parts from flying too far away when they break....)

Now that's really funny, same as the Bleriot crossing of the English
Channel, by the time he got half way his boots were burning as there
was no fire wall, he has the full heat from the engine to contend
with.:-)
--

..
--

One interesting motor I found is the Honda series of V-4 engines.
Though they have only one plug per cylinder, they have dual spark

boxes.
Some riders I know have lost half their ignition system and had

a hard
time telling something was wrong; they just seemed to be down a

bit on
power, even though they were running on only two cylinders out of

four.

My 1984 Nissan pickup has a straight four with two plugs per

cylinder. As
I recall, it has two coils but fires all the plugs via one

distributor.

Ron Wanttaja